The club welcomes visiting societies and individuals.
St. Idloes Golf Club was founded 1897 on its present site, which was then the local race course and cricket practice ground. At one point in the club's history it temporarily moved nearer to the town, but returned to Penrallt in 1947.
The club has always drawn its membership from the local people. Golf may be an elitist sport elsewhere in the country, but in a small country town where everybody knows one another nothing could be further from the truth. The club has a wonderful friendly atmosphere, which is extended without reservation to visitors.