It is with great pleasure that I can announce St. Idloes golf club, through the Junior organizer, David Hurst, has been awarded the Junior GolfCert accreditation from Wales golf. We are 1 of only 3 clubs in Mid Wales to have achieved this honour and this is what it means.....
Junior GolfCert is the nationally acknowledged accreditation scheme for golf clubs. It provides a framework to help clubs to improve themselves, and to ensure that their programs, policies, and procedures are all in line with best practices. The scheme has been introduced by Wales Golf to :
- Ensure that consistent good practice is delivered through all golf club junior development.
- Ensure accredited clubs are identified and recognized by a national scheme for the good work they do for the sport and their communities.
- Highlight such clubs as exemplars to others in Wales and provide a focus for the sharing of good practice in terms of working with children and young people.
Within the accreditation, the five key areas assessed are:
- Junior Club Structure
- Recruitment & Coaching
- Playing & Competition
- Coach/Volunteer Recruitment & Education
- Child/Adult Welfare
Clubs that achieve the Junior GolfCert will:
· Receive a plaque to be displayed in the clubhouse
· Promoted on the Wales Golf website
· Recommended by Golf Development Wales as a junior friendly club
The accreditation that we've achieved is a big boost for the club as it means that we are now recognized Nationally as being an inclusive and safe place for juniors of all ages and abilities to grow and develop & will be promoted as such by Wales Golf
We've grown our Junior Membership by over 300% since May and will be holding regular 3 hole, 6 hole, and 9 hole comps throughout the Summer.