It is with great pleasure that I can announce St. Idloes golf club, through the Junior organizer, David Hurst, has been awarded the Junior GolfCert accreditation from Wales golf. We are 1 of only 3 clubs in Mid Wales to have achieved this honour and this is what it means.....
Junior GolfCert is the nationally acknowledged accreditation scheme for golf clubs. It provides a framework to help clubs to improve themselves, and to ensure that their programs, policies, and procedures are all in line with best practices. The scheme has been introduced by Wales Golf to :
- Ensure that consistent good practice is delivered through all golf club junior development.
- Ensure accredited clubs are identified and recognized by a national scheme for the good work they do for the sport and their communities.
- Highlight such clubs as exemplars to others in Wales and provide a focus for the sharing of good practice in terms of working with children and young people.
Within the accreditation, the five key areas assessed are:
- Junior Club Structure
- Recruitment & Coaching
- Playing & Competition
- Coach/Volunteer Recruitment & Education
- Child/Adult Welfare
Clubs that achieve the Junior GolfCert will:
· Receive a plaque to be displayed in the clubhouse
· Promoted on the Wales Golf website
· Recommended by Golf Development Wales as a junior friendly club
The accreditation that we've achieved is a big boost for the club as it means that we are now recognized Nationally as being an inclusive and safe place for juniors of all ages and abilities to grow and develop & will be promoted as such by Wales Golf
We've grown our Junior Membership by over 300% since May and will be holding regular 3 hole, 6 hole, and 9 hole comps throughout the Summer.
Just wanted to give a big thumbs up to the 62 golfers that turned up for the Roger Powell open last Saturday. Thankfully, the forecasted rain didn't turn up. Many thanks to all those that made it possible. Warrick for getting up at silly o'clock to prepare the course, Michelle and Katie for feeding and watering us, and especially, Roger Powell for sponsoring the competition. It was a close run event with 3 golfers scoring a fantastic 42 Stableford points. Sue Woodward came third but took the leading ladies prize. She was beaten by Stuart Richards from Newtown on the countback and beating Stuart on the countback was Rhys Evans. Well done All.
New review tab
If you liked playing our lovely course, please send a review to the e-mail address at the bottom of the page.....
Club Championship + medals this weekend
Saturday starts at 13.00 and Sunday at 09.00. Good luck to all. Bacon and sausage baps available before and after the game on Saturday.
Junior academy & New2Golf
Hold the front page....Junior academy and New2Golf are starting at St. Idloes 20/05/2021....Improve your skillset or learn a fantastic new sport.